Purdue Research Park-based firm to host half-day seminar for technical writers
Published: June 21, 2011
INDIANAPOLIS - Technical communication professionals from Autobase Inc., ExactTarget, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis and T2 Systems Inc. are among the presenters at a free half-day seminar to be hosted June 30 by a Purdue Research Park-based technology solutions provider.
ThirtySix Software LLC will host Tech Writer Indy, a half-day seminar for technical communicators, that will run from 12:30-5 p.m. at the Purdue Technology Center, 5225 Exploration Drive. ThirtySix Software creates SmartDocs, a content management and reuse solution for Microsoft Word.
Bryan Lynn, managing partner and director of technology at ThirtySix Software, said the event will allow technical writers to network, discuss topics of interest, learn about innovative tools and create strategic partnerships.
"Tech Writer Indy will consist of three sessions that focus on social media, content reuse and technologies used by technical communicators," he said.
Subjects and featured speakers include:
* "Managing Usability in the Documentation Process." Marjorie Rush Hovde, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis.
* "Using Help and Manual Software from a User's Perspective." Nichole Browning, Autobase Inc.
* "Automating Documentation Processes: Tools and Strategies." Charles Cantrell, ExactTarget.
* "Wikis for Documentation and Internal Collaboration." Amanda Cross, Exact Target.
* "Migrating from an Unstructured Environment to XML: Successes and Lessons Learned." Kelsey Lambert, T2 Systems Inc.
* "SmartDocs: Content Management and Content Reuse in MS Word." Bryan Lynn, ThirtySix Software LLC.
* "How to Build a Business Case and Demonstrate ROI: Selling Your Ideas to Your Company." Lisa Pietrangeli, ThirtySix Software LLC.
Lynn said ThirtySix Software plans to expand these seminars in the future.
"Our goal is to make this Tech Writer Indy event the first of many for professionals in the Indianapolis area," he said.
Technical communication professionals can register for the seminar at http://thirtysix.net/company/events/tech-writer-indy/register.aspx
Space is limited to the first 50 registrants.
About ThirtySix Software LLC
ThirtySix Software is a technology solutions provider that delivers best-in-class content solutions on the Microsoft platform. Our solutions are powerful, intuitive and easy-to-use, and enable organizations to more efficiently manage their content by maximizing their existing investment in Microsoft technologies. ThirtySix Software is privately owned and is based in Indianapolis.
About Purdue Research Park
The Purdue Research Park, with four locations across Indiana, has the largest university-affiliated business incubation complex in the country. The parks are home to about 200 companies that employ 4,000 people and are located in West Lafayette, Merrillville, Indianapolis and New Albany.
Purdue Research Park contact:
Steve Martin, 765-588-3342, email@example.com
Bryan Lynn, 317-456-2364, firstname.lastname@example.org