Economic Impact Statement
An economic impact statement of Purdue Research Foundation's Purdue Research Park Network: Driving Today's New Economy
Economic and Entrepreneurial Powerhouse: The Purdue Research Park network is a major contributing player in economic development for the State of Indiana
- Thomas P. Miller and Associates, 2011 Economic Impact Statement
Purdue Research Foundation's mission is to advance Purdue University's quest for preeminence in discovery, learning and engagement through effective stewardship of assets.
To achieve this goal, Purdue Research Foundation:
- Supports Purdue's strategic plan implementation.
- Manages Purdue's technology transfer activities.
- Oversees Purdue's intellectual property management.
- Develops, manages, and deploys real and financial assets.
- Engages Purdue Research Park to support business incubation.
- Advances Purdue's role in economic development.
In 2011, Purdue Research Foundation commissioned an independent study by Thomas P. Miller and Associates to quantify the contribution of the Foundation and Purdue Research Park network to the State of Indiana. Key findings in the report include:
- $1.3 billion annual impact for State of Indiana.
- $256 million investment in the Park facilities and infrastructure from 1999 to 2010.
- $48 million contributed to State and local taxes.
- $49 million in Federal research and development grants for small businesses brought to the State since 1987.
- Park-based companies contributed nearly $22 million in sponsored research to Purdue University.
- Combined, the Park network is a top 20 private employer in the State of Indiana.
- More than 4,000 high-tech, high-quality jobs paying an average annual salary of $63,000 – 65 percent higher than the Indiana average.
- About 10,000 total jobs generated in respective Park network communities.
Download the Economic Impact Statement.